A Guide for Patients and Families
Kip Burkman, M.D.
If you or a loved one has had a stroke, you are probably frightened, worried, and consumed with questions. What can you expect from recovery? How much rehabilitation will be needed?
Author Kip Burkman, M.D., is a rehabilitation physician who has worked with thousands of stroke patients and families. He understands the fear and confusion they or their loved ones experience after a person has suffered a stroke. In The Stroke Recovery Book he offers peace of mind by providing answers to many of your questions. Among the topics Dr. Burkman covers:
- Types of strokes and how they occur
- Possible changes in vision, personality, emotions, intellect, and behavior
- Speech and language impairments
- Weakness in limbs and swallowing problems
- Bladder and bowel problems
- Sexual problems
- What to expect at the rehabilitation center
- Levels of care and assistance needed at home
- Stroke prevention
- Care for caregivers
A Book to Help Patients and Families Understand Stroke Recovery!
I still refer to the stroke book. This month I’m learning to drive again at a driving school. The book has helped me with everything except how to balance a checkbook.
—Chuck, stroke survivor
Paperback and e-books are available through these online book retailers: