Addicus Books is seeking titles on: consumer health, self-help, psychology, business, economics, investing, and books of regional interest. First, we prefer an e-mail query, letting us know what your topic is. (We publish only nonfiction.) Tell us about: the nature of your topic, your background, who the market is for your book, and how this market would be reached. Due to the amount of queries we receive daily, our editors are not available for phone inquiries. When querying by e-mail, send only a one-page e-mail, giving an overview of your book, its market. Do not send attachments unless invited to do so. If we’re interested in taking a closer look at your book, we’ll contact you after we receive your query. We may ask for a proposal.
E-mail address for submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOK PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A one-page overview of the book
- Two or three sample chapters
- A chapter-by-chapter outline
- Number of photos or illustrations
- Author’s background/credentials
- Target completion date
- Market/audience information
- Word count/number of pages
AUDIENCE / MARKET INFORMATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- WHO IS THE AUDIENCE?
- What is the market for your book and how many potential buyers?
- Who wants this book? Why do they want it? Why do they need it?
- Do you have specific marketing ideas in mind?
- HOW DOES YOUR BOOK HELP THE READER?
- How will this book benefit the buyer? How will it help them?
- What need does it fill for your target market?
- WHAT MAKES YOUR BOOK SPECIAL?
- What makes your book different from other such books? (Are there other such books?) Does your book have more information? Is it more comprehensive, easier to use? What advantages does it have over the competition? Why will people buy it instead of something else? Note: Please do a database search for competing titles through Amazon.com –the largest online bookstore with more than one million titles in its database. Report your findings in your proposal.
- MARKETING NICHES / SPECIAL MARKETS (Please be thorough here.)
- List any special markets your book may have outside regular trade book channels (bookstores).
- Could sales result from your contacts—associations, organizations, corporations, groups, hospitals, treatment centers, workshops, seminars or speaking engagements?
- Which magazines or professional/trade journals may review your book or print articles by you which in turn promotes the book?
- Do you have specific ideas for marketing your book?
- How willing are you to be active in marketing your book?
SUBMISSION OF TEXT (for all genres)
- Inquire about sending submission by e-mail.
- All hard copies should be clearly printed on white, 8 1/2 x 11 paper, double-spaced, with at least 1 inch margins on all sides.
- No more than 250-300 words per page.
- Do not staple, clip or otherwise bind pages in the submission.
- All submissions should include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE). Materials will not be returned unless accompanied by an SASE.
NOTE: Please do not send by certified mail or return receipt requested.
Materials may be mailed to:
P.O. Box 45327
Omaha, NE 68145