The Legal Process, Your Rights, and What to Expect
Steven N. Peskind
Are You Getting a Divorce in Illinois?
If so, you need all the accurate, objective information you can get to help you make the right decisions for your future. But gathering essential facts about property settlement, division of debt, child custody and support, and so many other pressing subjects can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience.
Fortunately, attorney Steven N. Peskind understands your need to know. During his thirty years of practicing law, he has helped hundreds of individuals navigate the maze of divorce. In Divorce in Illinois he answers not only the questions on your mind but also those you may not have thought to ask.
Using an easy, question-and-answer format, he offers concise responses to questions that will help build your confidence and give you the peace of mind you need to meet the challenges of this difficult time. You’ll find answers to questions such as:
- What is the mediation process and does Illinois require that my spouse and I go through it?
- How quickly can I get a divorce in Illinois?
- How can I get a divorce if my spouse doesn’t want one?
- Who decides who gets the cars, the pets, and the house?
- What actions of mine might influence my getting getting custody of the children?
- How are bills divided and paid during the divorce?
- Who will be responsible for my attorney fees?
Answers to 360 legal questions!
Paperback and e-books are available through these online book retailers:
Watch an interview of the author on 5 NBC Chicago here.