From Diagnosis to Treatment
Barry M. Cohen, M.D.
Coronary heart disease affects 12 million Americans. It is one of the most serious diseases in the nation. However, if you have been diagnosed with CHD, there is much you can do to improve your health. The first step is learning all you can about it so you’ll better understand how medical treatment and life style changes will help. Author Barry Cohen, M.D., is a cardiologist who has treated thousands of patients. He understands the questions and concerns you have. In Coronary Heart Disease, he explains the basics of how CHD is diagnosed and treated. Among the questions he answers:
- What causes coronary heart disease?
- How does cholesterol affect your heart?
- What medical tests will you need?
- What are the newest diagnostic tests available?
- What medications are prescribed? How do they help?
- What is involved with an angioplasty and bypass surgery?
- What lifestyles changes will improve your health?
- What are the warning signs of a heart attack?
Stay healthier by becoming an informed patient!
Index, glossary, and resource section
A wonderful book! Fantastic work!
—Valentin Fuster, Editor, Journal of American College of Cardiology
Paperback and e-books are available through these online book retailers: