The Legal Process, Your Rights, and What to Expect
Linda S. Vanden Heuvel
Are You Getting a Divorce in Wisconsin?
If so, you need all the accurate, objective information you can get to help you make the right decisions for your future. But gathering essential facts about property settlement, division of debt, child custody and support, and so many other pressing subjects can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience.
Attorney Linda S. Vanden Heuvel understands your needs. During her years of practicing family law, she has helped hundreds of individuals navigate the maze of divorce. In Divorce in Wisconsin she answers not only the questions on your mind but also those you may not have thought to ask.
Using an easy, question-and-answer format, she offers clear, concise responses that will help build your confidence and give you the peace of mind you need to meet the challenges of this difficult time. You’ll find answers to questions such as:
- How long does it take to get a divorce in Wisconsin?
- How can I get a divorce if my spouse doesn’t want one?
- Is Wisconsin a community property state?—and what does this mean?
- Who decides who gets the house, the cars, and the pets?
- What determines who gets custody of the children?
- How are bills divided and paid during the divorce?
- How much will my divorce cost? Will my spouse have to pay some or all of my attorney fees?
Answers to 360 legal questions!