The Legal Process, Your Rights, and What to Expect
Debra R. Schoenberg, Esq. and Jennifer L. Knops, Esq.
Are You Getting a Divorce in California?
If so, you need all the accurate, objective information you can get to help you make the right decisions for your future. But gathering essential facts about property settlement, division of debt, child custody and support, and so many other pressing subjects can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience.
Attorneys Debra Schoenberg and Jennifer Knops understand your needs. During their years of practicing family law, they have helped hundreds of individuals navigate the maze of divorce. In Divorce in California they answer not only the questions on your mind but also those you may not have thought to ask.
Using an easy, question-and-answer format, they offer clear, concise responses that will help build your confidence and give you the peace of mind you need you to meet the challenges of this difficult time. You’ll find answers to questions such as:
- How long does it take to get a divorce in California?
- How can I get a divorce if my spouse doesn’t want one?
- California is a community property state—what does this mean?
- Who decides who gets the cars, the pets, and the house?
- What determines who gets custody of the children?
- How are bills divided and paid during the divorce?
Answers to More Than 350 Legal Questions!
“This book is a must-read for anyone going through divorce. The authors focus on responsible and reasonable approaches to solving complex divorce issues.” —Marjorie A. Slabach, Superior Court Commissioner (Ret)