From Diagnosis to Treatment
Paul A. Ruggieri, M.D., Scott Isaacs, M.D.
Do You Have a Thyroid Problem?
If you’ve been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder, perhaps you feel some relief in having pinpointed the source of your troublesome symptoms. As you may know, thyroid disorders often elude diagnosis since they may mimic other illnesses.
Now that you have a diagnosis, you can see the health care you need. Authors Paul Ruggeri, M.D., and Scott Isaacs, M.D., specialists in thyroid treatment, can help you understand the best approach for treating your thyroid problem. In A Simple Guide to Thyroid Disorders, they discuss such topics as:
- How thyroid hormones affect body function
- Hypothyroidism—symptoms and treatments
- Hyperthyroidism—symptoms and treatments
- Coping with emotional highs and lows
- Overcoming thyroid-related weight problems
- Surgeries for thyroid disorders
- Thyroid nodules and cancers—how they’re treated
A Simple Guide to a Complex Disorder