From Diagnosis to Treatment
David S. Boyer, M.D., Homayoun Tabandeh, M.D.
Have You Been Diagnosed with Macular Degeneration?
If you have macular degeneration, you are not alone. Approximately 11 million Americans have a form of the disease, and that number is expected to double in the coming decades.
Now that you’ve been diagnosed, you undoubtedly have many pressing questions that must be answered. How will your eyesight be affected? Do you have dry or wet macular degeneration? How can your condition be treated?
David S. Boyer, M.D., and Homayoun Tabandeh, M.D., are internationally recognized retina specialists who have treated thousands of patients with macular degeneration. They understand your concerns and offer information that will help ease your anxiety. In Macular Degeneration—A Patient’s Guide to Treatment, they discuss how the disease develops and how it is best treated. They cover such topics as:
- Symptoms of macular degeneration
- How macular degeneration is diagnosed
- Differences between dry and wet macular degeneration
- Treatment options, including drug injections
- Reducing the risk of disease progression
- How low-vision aids can help in the home