Living to 100 and Beyond
George Webster, Ph.D.
Living to age 110 or 120! Sound impossible? Not if you look at historical trends. In 1800, the average life expectancy was 27 years. In 1900 it was 47. Today, health-conscious adults can expect to live to 100! But that is only the beginning.
In Hello, Methuselah! Living to 100 and Beyond, author-scientist George Webster, PhD, examines the astonishing advances science is making to extend life. A nationally recognized authority on aging, Webster brings us the first book using current biomedical research to project future trends. He answers these complex questions:
- What actions can you take to extend healthy, active life to 100 or more?
- What are the major barriers to longer life? How are scientists conquering them? What does the future hold?
- Does mental attitude influence disease and longevity?
- How does aging, currently being researched, show the most promise in slowing aging?
- What are the implications for greater longevity…on the population…economy…employment…retirement?
Will you live to be 100 or older? Estimate your own longevity with the formula Dr. Webster gives you!
47 illustrations, extensive bibliography, index.