Michael McGee, M.D.
Addiction to painkillers is a national epidemic. It kills 115 Americans every day. Painkiller overdose is now the leading cause of death among people under fifty.
But, life doesn’t come with an instruction manual on what to do if you’re in the clutches of addiction. And because most people are ashamed of their addiction, they are reluctant to seek help.
Now, 101 Things to Know if You’re Addicted to Painkillers cuts to the chase, offering “bare bones” lessons on what you need to understand about overcoming addiction. The book answers questions such as:
- How does addiction “rewire” the brain?
- How does denial perpetuate drug addiction?
- Can you recover alone?
- What drugs relieve withdrawal symptoms?
- What’s involved with out-patient and in-patient treatment?
- How can you prevent relapse?
Don’t lose hope! Millions have recovered from addiction. You can, too!