Michael McGee, M.D.
Are You Addicted?
Has addiction taken over your life? Do you want to stop using painkillers, but shame and embarrassment keep you from reaching out for help? You are not alone—millions find themselves in the clutches of addiction.
Michael McGee, M.D., an addiction psychiatrist, has treated thousands of people struggling with addiction. His message: You don’t need to suffer—you can live a life free of addiction. In this book, Dr. McGee offers a helpful first step to recovery. He explains what you need to know about addiction and how you can overcome it. He helps you understand:
- Addiction is a brain disease—you didn’t choose to become addicted.
- Shame fuels addiction and keeps you from seeking treatment.
- Treatment works—both residential and out-patient.
- Medications relieve withdrawal symptoms and help you stay sober.
- You can heal—turning emotional pain into growth and transformation.
Don’t Lose Hope! Millions Have Recovered from Addiction. You Can, Too!
To purchase the trade paperback or e-book, click on the links below: