From Diagnosis to Recovery
Suzanne Braddock, M.D., Jane Kercher, M.D., John Edney, M.D., Maragaret Block, M.D., Melanie Morrissey Clark
Have You Been Diagnosed with Breast Cancer?
If so, perhaps you’re still dealing with the emotional shock that comes with a cancer diagnosis. And, you’re probably overwhelmed with questions. How extensive is the cancer? Will you need a mastectomy? Chemotherapy? Author Suzanne Braddock, M.D. understands how you feel. Even though she is a physician, she too was filled with such questions when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Once recovered from a double mastectomy and chemotherapy, Dr. Braddock was determined to help other women find answers to the pressing questions they often have after a diagnosis. In Straight Talk about Breast Cancer, Dr. Braddock answers such questions as:
- Breast self-examinations—how can they save your life?
- Regular mammograms—at what age?
- Breast lumps—when should you have a biopsy?
- How is breast cancer staged?
- What is a sentinel node biopsy?
- What to expect from treatment—surgery, chemotherapy, radiation?
- Breast reconstruction—now or later? What does reconstruction look like?
- Hereditary breast cancer—are you or your daughters at risk?
Eight pages of reconstruction photos, resource section, glossary, index, illustrations and photos throughout.
“Accessible and up-to-date; at this price it is recommended for most patient health collections.” —Library Journal
More than 150,000 copies in print!