A Patient’s Guide to Treatment
Robert K. Maloney, M.D., MA (Oxon) and Neda Shamie, M.D.
Do You Need Cataract Surgery?
If you’re undergoing cataract surgery soon, you’re not alone. Each year, three million Americans have a cataract removal procedure. In fact, it’s the most commonly performed surgery in the nation. Even so, you may find yourself feeling anxious about the procedure.
Fortunately, Robert K. Maloney, M.D., and Neda Shamie, M.D., are experienced ophthalmologists who have performed tens of thousands of eye surgeries. They understand your concerns. In Cataract Surgery they answer questions such as:
- How long should you wait to have cataract surgery?
- What type of anesthesia is used?
- What happens during the surgery?
- What type of new lens is implanted in the eye?
- Is there pain after the surgery?
- How soon will your vision improve after cataract surgery?
The book also contains color photos showing how cataracts are removed as well as photos of intraocular lenses, that replace the old, cloudy lenses.
“A concise overview of cataract surgery.” —Consumer Connection
Learn about the Newest Cataract Surgery Techniques!