A Patient’s Guide to Cataract Treatment
Robert K. Maloney, M.D., MA (Oxon)
Do You Need Cataract Surgery?
If you’re undergoing cataract surgery, you join the nearly 3 million Americans who have cataract removal surgery annually. It’s the most commonly performed surgery in the nation. Even so, you may find yourself feeling anxious about the procedure.
Fortunately, author Robert K. Maloney, M.D., an experienced ophthalmologist, has performed thousands of cataract surgeries. Not only is he an expert at performing the surgery, he is a compassionate physician who understands the kinds of questions and concerns you have. In this book he answers questions such as:
- How long should you wait to have cataract surgery?
- What happens during the surgery?
- What type of anesthesia is used?
- What type of new lens is implanted in the eye?
- Is there pain after the surgery?
- How soon will your vision improve after cataract surgery?
The book also contains color photos of how cataracts are removed as well as photos of the lenses, called intraocular lenses, which are implanted to restore vision.
“A concise overview of cataract surgery.” —Consumer Connection
Learn about the Newest Cataract Surgery Techniques!