We're seeking titles on:
consumer health, self-help, psychology, business, economics, investing, and books of regional interest. First, we prefer an email query, letting us know what your topic is. (We publish only nonfiction.) Tell us about: the nature of your topic, your background, who the market is for your book, and how this market would be reached. Due to the
amount of queries we receive daily, our editors are not available for phone inquiries.
If we're interested
in taking a closer look at your book, we'll contact you after we receive your
query. We may ask for a proposal.
Note: when querying electronically, send only a one-page
email, giving an overview of your book and its market. Please do not send
attachments unless invited to do so.
- A one-page overview of the book
- Two or three sample chapters
- A chapter-by-chapter outline
- Number of photos or illustrations
- Author's background/credentials
- Target completion date
- Market/audience information
- Word count/number of pages
- WHO IS THE AUDIENCE?
- What is the market for your book and how many potential
- Who wants this book? Why do they want it? Why do they
- Do you have specific marketing ideas in mind?
- HOW DOES YOUR BOOK HELP THE READER?
- How will this book benefit the buyer? How will it help
- What need does it fill for your target market?
- WHAT MAKES YOUR BOOK SPECIAL?
- What makes your book different from other such books?
(Are there other such books?)
- Does your book have more information? Is it more comprehensive,
easier to use? What advantages does it have over the competition? Why
will people buy it instead of something else? Note: Please do a data
base search for competing titles through Amazon.com
-- the largest online book store with more than one million titles in
its data base. Report your findings in your proposal.
- MARKETING NICHES / SPECIAL MARKETS (Please
be thorough here.)
- List any special markets your book may have outside
regular trade book channels (book stores).
- Could sales result from your contacts-- associations,
organizations, corporations, groups, hospitals, treatment centers, workshops,
seminars or speaking engagements?
- Which magazines or professional/trade journals may
review your book or print articles by you which in turn promotes the book?
- Do you have specific ideas for marketing your book?
- How willing are you to be active in marketing your
- Inquire about sending submission by email.
- All hard copies should be clearly printed on white, 8 1/2
x 11 paper, double-spaced, with at least 1" margins on all sides.
- No more than 250-300 words per page.
- Do not staple, clip or otherwise bind pages in the submission.
- All submissions should include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE). Materials will
not be returned unless accompanied by an SASE. NOTE: Please do not send by certified mail or return receipt requested.
P.O. Box 45327
Omaha, NE 68145
P.O. Box 45327
Omaha, NE 68145
Phone 402-330-7493 Fax 402-330-1707