Been Diagnosed with Macular Degeneration?
If you have macular
degeneration, you are not alone. Approximately 11 million Americans have a form
of the disease, and that number is expected to double in the coming decades.
Now that you’ve been
diagnosed, you undoubtedly have many pressing questions that must be answered.
How will your eyesight be affected? Do
you have dry or wet macular degeneration? How can your condition be treated?
David S. Boyer, M.D., and
Homayoun Tabandeh, M.D., are internationally recognized retina specialists who
have treated thousands of patients with macular degeneration. They understand
your concerns and offer information that will help ease your anxiety.
In Macular Degeneration—A Patient’s Guide to Treatment, they
discuss how the disease develops and how it is best treated. They cover such
- Symptoms of macular degeneration
- How macular degeneration is diagnosed
- Differences between dry and wet macular
- Treatment options, including drug injections
- Reducing the risk of disease progression
- How low-vision aids can help in the
A Valuable Resource for Understanding Macular
To purchase the
Kindle ebook edition, click here.